Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry.
Our client, a large Oil and Gas producer, has an opportunity for a Construction Superintendent II in Cold Lake, AB. This is a one year contract, starting January 20th with the possibility of extension. The individual must be local to the area or have accommodations as there is no LOA or flights.
Responsible for planning, coordinating and controlling the day-to-day field operations for the assigned crafts and subcontractors. A typical scope of responsibility would be Field Superintendent or Area Superintendent.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to all Level 1 tasks, a Level 2 Construction Superintendent will:
• Understand and execute assigned construction tasks within the project scope
• Understand and interpret plans and specifications
• Successfully execute projects within contracted schedule and budget
• Work with multi-discipline engineering teams monitoring and controlling scope, schedule and budget
• Manage field crews and operation and maintenance of earthwork equipment
• Respond to field and client information requests
• Champion Worker Safety Programs
• Oversee site contractor fabrication, construction, and hookup work activities during Execution Phase
• Serve as member of the Project Team (PT) when project assigned
• Provide the interface between the work face and the Construction Site Manager or Construction Site Lead
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 10+ years’ experience in-field Construction planning, execution, and completions
• Willing to travel (domestic/overseas) to project sites
• Past Construction Superintendent experience on major capital project
• Familiar with Construction Materials Testing procedures and ASTM standards
• Enthusiastic, self-starter with desire to provide excellent service to clients