Job DescriptionSenior Protein Scientist (Bioconjugation) – Cambridge – Permanent
Antibodies and their downstream therapeutic purposes are strong front runners in the ongoing fight in cancer research. My client, a leading Biotechnology company in the Cambridge region is currently seeking the expertise of a Senior Protein Scientist (Bioconjugation) to advance their internal research programmes and contribute to client based projects around immune-peptidomics.
Senior Protein Scientist (Bioconjugation) Key Responsibilities:
- Perform laboratory bioconjugation experiments to support internal programmes and client-based projects
- Conjugate therapeutic small molecules and polymers to antibodies and proteins using a range of linker chemistries
- Purification of antibody and protein conjugates by column chromatography (e.g. HIC, SEC, IEX) using automated systems (AKTA) and membrane ultrafiltration (TFF)
- Further characterise proteins using analytical chromatography techniques, UV-Vis spectrophotometry, microfluidics and LC-MS
- Contribute to antibody and protein conjugates developability assessment through assisting ex vivo serum stability and formulation development studies
- Prepare presentations and present results at internal meetings and client meetings, contributing to writing of client reports.
- PhD in relevant, Protein Biochemical discipline or BSc/MSc with accompanied 2-3 years+ industry experience.
- Excellent, relevant technical skill set, particularly using protein purification, characterisation and linker technologies.
- Knowledge or experience of synthetic organic chemistry.
- Ability to work to a fast pace whilst maintaining a high standard of scientific rigor.
- Excellent communication skills, integrating into a team with multiple varied projects. Confidence when updating clients on the milestones of their projects.
- Good understanding of the research environment in the Biotechnology industry.