Job DescriptionMechanical Engineer -Global Operator - Brussels
Our client a leading Global Operator are looking for specialist Mechanical Engineers who have managed Refinery – construction, modification, and maintenance packages for pilot plants.
Key Duties include
The Mechanical Engineer provides subject matter expertise, oversight and assistance to the mechanical team.
Demonstrates deep knowledge of pipefitting and construction, modification, and maintenance skills for pilot plants and experimentation equipment. Subject matter expert for specific processes and procedures, technical matters, materials and equipment. Equipment types include pilot plants, lab equipment, small production lines, rotating equipment, reciprocation equipment, vessels, piping, structural, and other fixed equipment ("mechanical equipment"). You will have a good understanding of safety, health, and environmental requirements (SHE). Able to provide support or guidance for complex trouble-shooting, may participate in constructability and maintenance design reviews and assist in engineering for routine maintenance or project support. Ability to influence without authority and interacts effectively with operation and maintenance organizations. Demonstrates good communication and interpersonal skills to work with diverse groups; able to network effectively within organization.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Provides oversight and supports technical execution of mechanical personnel in the field.
- Implements maintenance design philosophies including project specifications for "mechanical equipment".
- Provides technical support and coordination of risk assessments (HAZOP and HAZAMs), incident investigation and conceptual studies prior to start of operation.
- Supports operating and maintenance teams troubleshoot complex issues
- Provides technical support and input to training development and delivery.
- Shares Best Practices and provides feedback for enhancement
- Develops strong personal expertise, shares knowledge with others via Networking, mentoring, etc.
Skills related to the design, construction, modification and maintenance of pilot units, experimentation and mechanical equipment, with a strong knowledge of pipefitting and use of materials. Equipment types may include rotating equipment, reciprocation equipment, vessels, tanks, piping, structural and other fixed equipment ("mechanical equipment"). Knowledge of ‘machinerichtlijnen’. Ability to read and create technical drawings e.g. P&IDs, schematics and construction drawings. Knowledge of machinery used in mechanical shop for welding, milling and drilling.
Skills related to developing work scope, cost estimate, bill of materials and equipment strategy to ensure maintenance is conducted according to overall site or business maintenance philosophy.
Skills related to scheduling personnel, supplies and equipment availability in order to maximize efficient resource utilization in the execution of maintenance or construction activities. Coordinating work scheduling with operations, logistics and maintenance.
- Fluency in Dutch and English is required.
If you have any other requirements or would like to apply - please send your CV to NES GT