Job DescriptionOur client, a Major operator in the Oil&Gas industry, is currently recruiting for a Contract Assistant to join their team offshore. The position will require the candidate to work on a 3/3 rotation for a 12month initial contract.
The position requires someone to fulfil the following duties:
- Support off-shore operations with accurate inventory management and stock/spares replenishment.
- Ensure materials for all work orders are suitably kitted with materials offshore prior to work execution. Includes kitting of work orders from offshore stores.
- Review and approve/decline stock returns requests, ensuring no ‘contamination’ of stores with damaged or incorrect materials.
- Working with materials controllers and extended Materials Management Team to suggest and improve materials management through continuous improvement.
- Understands risk management with respect to materials management and ensures personnel understand their responsibilities with respect to materials handling, segregation and control. Includes chemicals, waste, marine and helicopter handling requirements.
- Responsible for stores workplace HSSE, particularly good housekeeping and overall safety well-organised and safe working environment.
- Participates in the receipt and inspection of all materials from shipments and consignments relating to Company operations.
- Participates in collating purchase orders, supplier’s invoices, packing list and/or shipping documents.
- Enters details of receipts and issues into Materials Management system.
- Ensuring compliance with processes to appropriately identify, segregate and handle different materials where mixing, contamination or degradation could cause undesired outcomes – e.g. imperial and metric Swagelok fittings, carbon and stainless steel, moisture in electrical and electronic components.
- At least 5 years of work experience in materials management within the oil and gas industry.
- Knowledge of materials management handling requirements for offshore helicopter and marine transport operations including dangerous goods.
- Experience in receiving, checking, transporting, packaging, storing and preserving materials.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and SAP materials management.
- Offshore certificates required: Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency Training
Australian work rights are required to apply.