Job DescriptionR&T Lab Technician
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Description: We are seeking a laboratory technician with interest in solving chemical problems. The ideal candidate would have broad experience in the use of good lab practices, analytical instrumentation, sample preparation, and laboratory maintenance.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Provide laboratory support to R&D projects.
- Maintain and operate a variety of instruments.
- Analyze samples, report results, and document methods.
- Maintain excellence in safety, health and environment practices.
- Demonstrated safe work practice and philosophy
- Demonstrated capability to work in a team environment
- Able to wear required PPE
- Standing for ~6 hours/shift
- Keyboard/lab book data entry
- Minor hand tool usage related to lab equipment setup and maintenance
- B.S. in Chemistry (preferred) or other technical, science-based fields.
- Experience in setting up and running chemical reactions in laboratory glassware.
- Example- bromination of an aromatic compound
- Experience in running and caring for analytical equipment.
- Experience in formulation chemistry for the oilfield industry would be a plus.
- MUD and drilling experience preferred
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical problem solving skills.
- Ability to balance individual and team responsibilities.
- Highly organized and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interest in challenges of industrial chemistry for a wide variety of products.