Job DescriptionAsset and Marine Planner is responsible for allocating facilities, equipment & resources in support of all departments, planning for optimal performance & utilization, in order to preserve the function of our physical assets throughout their life period to the satisfaction of international standards through continued process improvement, selecting and applying the most cost-effective techniques along with proactively preventing and managing failures and their consequences
- Work closely with Harbour Services (Pilots, Tugs etc) planning movements, dry-docking & berthing operations.
- Implement equipment and resource allocation on a daily basis.
- Assist with the preparation of CAPEX budgets and forecasts.
- Assist commercial department with preparation of costs/budgets for commercial bids in relation to equipment & resources.
- Work closely with Maintenance Department planning equipment service to minimize the impact on availability.
- Support the Production & Project Managers with planning for maximizing utilization & performance of facilities, equipment & associated resources.
- Preparation of internal reports for department managers as requested.
- Assist in the development of internal & external charge-out rates for equipment/resources.
- Work closely with PSCM Department regarding Asset Lease or Hire requirements.
- Support the HOTLINE Process allocating equipment or resources as required.
- Holding technical Qualification such as Diploma or Bachelor in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related Marine Qualification
- 10 years of experience in Asset and Marine planner role within shipbuilding or equivalent industry.
- Understanding in Asset Management system, and relevant ISO certification
- English will be the primary form of communication, willingness to learn another language would be an advantage
- Well-developed presentation skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- proficient with Microsoft Office suite and at least a PM tool such as MS Project or Primavera.
- Resilient under stress and capable of managing competing priorities.