Job DescriptionImmediate start for a Packaging Design Engineer to work a minimum 6 month contract in Northern Ireland
My Client is an established contract development and manufacturing organisation providing an extensive range of integrated services across the drug development lifecycle to the pharmaceutical and biotech sectors globally
OVERALL ROLE OBJECTIVE:
To coordinate design activities to ensure packaging meets the needs of the clinical trial and is efficient and robust to accommodate processing and storage.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
The post holder will:
- Work closely with Business Development to interpret the trial and aesthetic requirements provided by the customer to develop the design of patient kits and their components.
- Liaise with Production, Label Control and Engineering to ensure the designs of labels, machine tooling and packaging components are compatible with respect to size, shape, storage and use, and support efficient and error-free production.
- Work closely with Procurement and suppliers to develop purchasing specifications ensuring the choice of materials for kit components and associated artwork is sufficiently robust to maintain the appearance of the kit and printed information throughout its shelf life.
- Produce sample kits for Business Development, Production and Project Services.
- Provide Production with label masks to facilitate consistent positioning of labels on kit components.
- Investigate standardisation of packaging components to ensure the design of kits facilities efficient and cost-effective storage and shipping.
- Remain up to date with packaging innovations and identify improvements to our designs.
- Help develop and maintain SOPs to manage packaging design processes.
- Communicate effectively with all relevant departments to ensure tasks are planned, monitored and completed in a timely manner.
- HND or equivalent qualification in an Engineering discipline
- Previous experience of using 2D CAD
- Experience of Engineering design
- Experience in use of design software such as Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator, or Auto CAD.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office packages (to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
For further details please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org