Job DescriptionSupplier Development Lead
- University Degree in Engineering/ Supply Chain/Science or related field.
- Minimum relevant year’s professional experience in operations/ production/logistics.
- Develop and implement programs to develop the capability of suppliers in the E & I sector with emphasis on local companies.
- Standards: Develop and implement harmonized supplier pre-qualification standards in line with procurement category management strategies across the E & l sector.
- Development Programs: Develop and update programs and tool-kits for the development of suppliers' capability with focus on Operational Excellence, Quality Management and Health, Safety and Environment.
- Supplier Evaluation: Undertake detailed evaluation of capability of targeted suppliers as identified by the Supply Chain Managers in the E & I sector; identify detailed intervention programs required to improve performance eg. Cost, quality, project execution, HSE etc.
- Improvement Plans: Facilitate the setting of suppliers' performance goals in consultation with the suppliers' clients in the E & l sector; provide or facilitate support to suppliers in implementing these plans.
- Monitoring/Audits: Undertake regular audits/monitoring of suppliers participating in Supplier Development programs and provide feedback to Supply Chain Managers in the E & I sector; follow up on corrective actions.
- Investigations: Facilitate investigation of supplier non-conformances in coordination with the suppliers' clients in the E & I sector; follow up on corrective actions.
- Supplier Selection/Pre-Qualification: Support Supply Chain Managers in supplier selection and pre-qualification exercises.
- Supplier Database: Update and maintain supplier performance ratings in the E & I sector supplier database.
- Training: Implement training programs to enhance supplier capability as per the Supplier Development Program; promote best practices in supplier operations.
- Relationships: Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with suppliers with focus on SMEs.