Job DescriptionIT Quality Lead – 6 Months Contract - Basingstoke
Essential:- Experience of Qualifying IT Infrastructure. Validation of Applications. Modern view on Quality within IT. Help and coordinate a number of work streams. Make Quality simple to understand. Experience of defining and executing large scale transformative strategic plans. Degree required. Experience of working with modern architecture.
IT Quality Lead Description
We’re looking for a passionate and dynamic IT Quality Representative to help us deliver a new approach to IT Quality that focuses on Cloud, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS and Hyper-converged environments, all delivered with high levels of Automation and a Software-defined delivery approach. We’re looking for someone that can help translate IT Quality requirements and compliance to ensure the right controls into a fast moving and Agile environment where speed is critical and where the organisation, processes and procedures are maturing and evolving. The role will be partnering closely with our internal and external technical teams to run this exciting effort to redesign how ETS manages IT Quality in the future.
Quality is a fundamental need for the success of moving ETS’s foundational services into Production, supporting a mixture of Commercial and GxP environments. Given the nature of the opportunity and the current status of the new team building all services from scratch, the environment is fast moving, exciting and has new challenges daily! This role will support our Network, Data Centre, Identity, Cloud and Workplace Services as well as other infrastructure services included in ETS.
The role does not include people administration, however, will provide Quality thought leadership and decision making for the ETS team, shaping a new team’s quality approach.
IT Quality Lead will spend time:
IT Quality Thought Leadership
- Define and embed the ETS Quality strategy, particularly related to Qualification and validation in a Cloud, Software-Defined environment
- Identifying opportunities to optimize, modernize and right-size Quality for ETS to launch production environments at speed whilst remaining compliant to all external requirements
- Identifying and positioning a Quality approach to our Quality organisation for buy-in and alignment to our approach
- Focus on enabling the ETS team; advising and educating on Quality approaches such that each team member is able to talk about Quality confidently
- Drive ETS toward the outcome of “Quality by Design”; Automation of qualification as a focus
General IT Quality
- Consulting with the Quality organisation to align on the Quality Management System components and ensure ETS are in compliance, e.g. CAPAs, Periodic reviews, Personnel qualification etc., challenging the status quo where appropriate
- Provide direction and oversight to our key vendors; ensuring our defined Quality controls and approach are embedded within those Vendors during delivery
- With a strong Application (SDLC) and Agile / DevOps Quality background, you will document processes, controls and requirements for Quality by Design
- Owning and driving the Quality documentation through internal systems for approval
- Work closely with other IT Functions and the Quality organisation as needed to ensure momentum and the quality agenda is moved forward
IT Quality Lead External Expertise
- Bringing in experience from modern, agile, DevOps (CI/CD) and Cloud first environments and educating ETS on how we can re-imagine IT Quality for the future
- Actively building and staying abreast of emerging technology directions related to IT Quality Assurance, guiding ETS on how to interpret and best leverage emerging trends in Quality
- Engaging in the community (internally and externally) across multiple channels, looking to share, educate and inspire.
IT Quality Lead Education Requirements
Occasional travel may be required.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK