Job DescriptionNES Global Talent has partnered with international clients in oil and gas to source the top talent available in the Australian and International market. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and our relationships with industry leaders. This ensures the best possible fit for long-term success.
Currently Queensland’s Energy industry is in an exciting growth phase as such we are now seeking an experienced Wellsite Geologists to fulfil a 12 month contract positions based in Queensland.
As a key member of the Owner’s team the primary responsibility of the Wellsite Geologists will involve exploration, appraisal and development drilling, directional drilling and coring of predominantly “unconventional” Coal Seam Gas, CSG wells and “conventional” wells as may be required. Whoever provides these services will need experience at most if not all these categories i.e. the Wellsite Geologists and Operations Geologists.
Responsibilities will include though are not limited to:
- Developments representative at the wellsite
- Ensure formation evaluation is in accordance with the Well Proposal
- Ensure well design is as proposed
- Ensure well data delivery and quality
- Collect and describe cuttings samples
- Pick casing setting depth and formation tops
- Confirm/communicate casing depth and ECP placement
- Call Total Depth
- Coordinate and report on wireline logging e.g. wireline witness for Petrophysics
- QC wireline logging, service QGC KPIs, ensure data delivery
- Process SPAT and confirm/optimise swell packer placement
- Initiate Well Completion Report compilation and other well reporting QC
- Compile WCR including Well Schematic Composite and Lithology Logs
- Daily geological reports and formation evaluation reports / operational summaries as required
- Collaboration and liaise with onsite Wells representative i.e. OCR/DSV
- Conveying data from Contractors, Cutting sample and core descriptions, Compilation of lithology / composite well logs, Strip logs and composite logs, Compilation of Well Completions Reports, (at the wellsite) using Gravitas, Cutting sample logging,
- Providing guidance for sampling, Cuttings, core and miscellaneous photography, Supervising onsite desorption process and laboratory technicians
- Supervise core retrieval and handling operations; Drill Stem testing; Wireline logging and data QC; Drilling Operations and Mudlogging
- Overseeing core reporting procedures – ensuring all required data is captured including Wellsite Geology; Drilling Operations; Petrophysics – Quick-look log interpretation; Well Reporting – Gravitas, ODM and EDM; Data Management and QC.
- Contractor supervision
- Well Completion Report, (WCR) duties include but are not limited to the following
- Responsible for generating Well Completion Reports as per statutory requirements / guidelines and within regulatory required timeframes i.e. compiled, submitted and accepted. Compile well completion documentation in line with the Petroleum and Gas Regulation
- Coordinate geological and well data submissions i.e. well completion report submissions to DNRME via. QDEX
- Collaboration with Well Engineering to ensure all well data is complete, consistent and accurate e.g. daily drilling reports / data and cementing reports
- Coordinates arrangements to facilitate the finalisation of well completion reports
- Excellent knowledge of Gravitas software, to create, edit or customize log and report templates
- Working knowledge of third-party data sharing and software e.g. Gravitas, ODM, Pelaton, InterAct, PreView, Pason, QDEX and MapMagic
Experience will include:
- Wellsite Geologists: Minimum of 3 to 5 years “unconventional” CSG well experience
- Wellsite Geologists: Minimum 10 years “conventional” experience as needed
- Minimum of 3 years as a Wellsite Geologist with directional experience
- Minimum 2 years CSG core well data acquisition and QC experience
- Minimum 5 years geophysical log data acquisition, (wireline and LWD) and QC experience
- Basic geophysical log and MWD/LWD interpretation is required
- An understanding of drill stem testing, DST is required where such formation evaluation is conducted
The incumbent will be will be based from Brisbane, QLD and the point of hire. As Wellsite Geologist the role will be even-time rotation and as Operations Geologist 5/2 Mon - Fri roster, with occasional travel to site required to travel to sites in the Surat Basin.
In return for your commitment you will be offered excellent day rate commencing for 12 contract term along with the opportunity to establish yourself with an international expert.
Should your skills and ability fulfil the above please ‘Apply Now’.