Our valued client is seeking a Field Operator in Estevan, SK. Candidates must be local to the surrounding area or willing to relocate.
Reporting to the Production Foreman, you will be responsible for working with the Field team to monitor and optimize well production, pipeline systems and facilities. You will troubleshoot equipment and well problems as well as perform ongoing basic and preventative maintenance.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
- Adhere to and engage in corporate safety protocols including hazard identification, equipment lockout and emergency response
- Analyze production / cost data and make appropriate decisions or recommendations to increase production through optimization
- Startup/shut down of oil wells, facilities and equipment
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and perform minor repairs and servicing;
- Comply with environmental and safety regulations
- Daily production accounting
- Work 10 days on, 4 days off shift, 8 hour/day and Remain on-call during after hours, as requested or needed, to provide after hours coverage for facilities and or wells;
- Adhere to company mission statement and foster a positive and productive work environment.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent preferred;
- Valid Class 5 Operator’s license;
- Minimum 2 years of operating experience will be given preference, with thorough knowledge of field operations, piping configurations, equipment limitations, computer skills and operating procedures;
- Ability to handle new tasks or assignments;
- First Aid, H2S and other regulatory courses are required
- Strong communication, organizational and team skills complemented with a strong work ethic