Location: Houston, TX
Duration: Long-Term Contract Assignment
The Material & Welding Engineer will manage the Material, Welding and NDE activities during the Project FEED and Detailed Engineering phases of a GOM FPU Package. Deliver a cost effective and optimized design of the facilities that meets the requirements of the project in safety, reliability, operability and maintainability for a 25-year design lifespan. Provide technical assistance to the UFR team during the FEED phase of the UFR package.
- External: Engineering contractors
- Internal: Field Operations, SPS and UFR package team, QA/QC project team and technical entities
- Verify the work related to material, welding and NDE discipline within the Engineering Team to ensure that schedule, technical, quality and HSES requirements are met or exceeded for UFR and FPU packages.
- Provide reporting function towards the Engineering Manager for all work activities within area of responsibility, bring to earliest attention issues which present a significant threat to the FPU and UFR Package and offer mitigating measures / work plans.
- Supervise and Coordinate with all Material, Welding and NDE related activities for the project covering both FEED and Detailed Engineering Phases.
- Participate within the FPU package team to the Fabrication Yards evaluation for all aspects related to Material, Welding and NDE but also covering to some extent QA/QC and procurement activities aspect by attending clarification meetings with the yard and site visits.
- M.S. in Material, Welding and NDE
- PE registration in Texas is preferred
- 12+ years’ experience working for consulting engineers or oil and gas exploration / production companies
- Firsthand knowledge of GOM Deep Water Developments
- 5 years of experience in fabrication Yards