The Drilling Engineer reports to the Drilling Engineering team leader.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- With a strong commitment to HSSE, you will take responsibility for planning and executing a drilling well designs for an oil or gas well.
- Ensure drilling programs, program amendments and dispensations to policy are prepared on schedule and are adequately risk assessed.
- Working closely with resource teams, geologists, production and service company personnel to ensure an efficient operation.
- Prepare cost estimates and cost control for wells activities.
- Monitor all phases of the drilling operations.
- Perform post-analyses for benchmarking and learning, identification and implementation of appropriate new technologies.
- Prepare end of well reports.
- Recommend and conduct engineering studies to improve completion operational performance.
- Implement best practices as identified in operational and engineering studies.
- Onsite support for key drilling operations
- Ensure appropriate assurance and review of the drilling design and work plan.
- Coach and mentor drilling engineers to ensure appropriate technical development.
- Assure adequate third party Quality Assurance and Quality Control. Intermediate level professional position requiring a Bachelor’s degree and experience unless otherwise noted
Responsible for the provision of subsea engineering expertise on the design and planning of well drilling activities, supporting drilling design through technical leadership, and conducting activities in compliance with functional processes and policies and external local regulations.
· Provides leadership for the well planning from planning and assurance.
· Develops a strong network within Wells and other related functions, promoting collaboration in order to safely and efficiently deliver the project
· Proactively identifies and shares global and local learnings through close collaborative relationships with key internal stakeholders and develops themes/trends from issues and incidents, whilst ensuring related lessons are captured and codified into standards and technical practices.
· Provides advanced engineering experience and expertise needed for subsea well design, well planning, and preparation of drilling programmes that safely and compliantly meet the well objectives.
· Interprets the Statement of Requirements for wells and provides advanced knowledge of drilling to help prepare the necessary documentation, in support of safe, compliant, reliable and competitive wells.
· Develops an understanding of well drilling through direct observation and familiarity with equipment, practices, standards and policies and the role of the team to support well site operations.
- Deep technical experience
- Degree educated (STEM)
- Extensive safety & risk management experience
- Focus on collaboration and integration