- Supports and complies with the policies, goals, efforts, and programs of COP's Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management System.
- Oversees all analytical operations.
- Performs various analysis not limited to the following: Ph., turbidity, conductivity, hardness, alkalinity, sulphites, chlorides, bitumen-in-water using equipment such as Hach Spectrometer, Turner Fluorescence Meter, Titration Probes etc.
- Provides necessary training to ops staff when needed.
- Assists in developing site specific operating practices.
- Ensures QA/QC lab analysis procedures are correct and followed.
- Ensures appropriate test methods and standards are applied and measurement quality objectives are met.
- Monitors QA/QC procedures on a daily basis.
- Performs spot checks of analysis data and investigates/report any inconsistencies.
- Conducts regular internal QA/QC audits and reports on gaps found.
- Ensures laboratory facility is kept clean and in a safe and functional condition.
- Ensures that all laboratory supplies and expendables are available and in stock.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experienced level, 1-3 years of laboratory experience
- Provides more technical/functional support than administrative support.
- Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of technology, applications, terminology, and procedures required of job function.
- Performs varied and more complex tasks.
- Makes decisions within broad parameters.