|Job Title:||Construction Engineer|
|Salary:||CAD40 - CAD51 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Jessica Harper|
|Job Published:||January 21, 2020 15:47|
• This role is the principal liaison between the field staff and the Engineering Design Department and handles all engineering related issues that arise during construction.
• Assists with interpretations of the CSA Z662 Oil & Gas Pipeline Code and the company’s Construction Specifications and Typical Drawings.
• Coordinates key meetings with Engineering Design, i.e. pressure test review and other Contractor Plans requiring company approval.
• Communicates field changes from the IFC drawings to the Design Engineer to receive approval.
• Must be familiar with all sections of the Construction Contract.
• Keeps track of who has copies of the Construction Contract and working Procurement to ensure all copies are consistent, providing updates to all recipients as required.
• Must be familiar with all drawings and BOMs.
• Must keep track of who has copies, ensuring all recipients have the current and consistent version.
• Responsible for confirmation and circulation of modifications to design drawings and updates.
• Administers Change Orders, identifies scope of work, confirms reimbursements, estimates cost, circulates for approval signatures, tracking completion and final invoicing
• Administer RFI's received from the Contractor and work with Engineering Design to provide a timely response.
• Works with the Contractor to track progress against the proposed construction schedule.
• Holds bi-weekly meetings to discuss schedule and strategize to maintain schedule should delays be encountered.
• Tracks field progress of construction tasks and communicate to Team (Send out weekly reports on Monday every week)
• Expedites required materials as needed due to items being missed off original order or damaged material items.
• Administers the Material Disposition Plan.
• Coordination of corrosion mitigation.
• Provides a report every week on Thursday to give material updates
• Must be familiar with all Permits and their conditions of approval, reminding the construction team of these requirements.
• Communicates to Permitting agencies if a field change is required.
• Coordinates and circulates Permit documents and required reports, i.e. compaction monitoring
• Attends site meetings with proponents (MTO, HONI, Municipalities, ect.) through construction
• Makes time to get out in the field to observe the various tasks involved in construction.
• Attends weekly construction, cost, schedule and other meetings to support the project.
• Alongside the Project Cost Coordinators, forecast the total and weekly construction contractor costs.
• Updates the Weekly Cost Tracking Graph, showing (i) budgeted project costs, (ii) actual project cost, and (iii) forecast project cost throughout the duration of the project
• Has a general knowledge of all other service providers, i.e. NDT, Surveying, Inspection, other Consultants
• Tracks, documents and coordinates changes with Engineering Design to fulfill the OEB requirements and provide to Regulatory
• Coordinates with the TRIM department to confirm all records are captured
• Interacts with many external agencies, contractors, landowners, industrial and commercial customers, inspectors, and other service providers, etc.
• Provides support and help with required updates to the Procedure of Work
• Ensures pipeline is properly preodorized before it is put into commission.
• Ensures all required tests are preformed (i.e. hydrotest, compaction test).
• Ensures proper monitoring occurs during blasting.
• Collects and summarizes results from construction tests and monitoring during blasting.
• Provides weekly updates on the construction schedule as well as pictures of work completed
• Post-secondary education in Engineering, CET or related field
• Minimum 1-3 years’ engineering experience
• Must have strong computer skills including intermediate experience with MS Office including excel
NICE TO HAVES:
• P.Eng Certification
• Experience working with pipelines or in a construction environment
• Local travel will be required
• Schedule will vary from 50-75 hours/week including weekends
• Must be able to work on a construction site in varying weather conditions
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's