Development of an API to combat life threatening diseases is what many chemists aspire to achieve. My client, an award winning Life Science company company presents an opportunity to do so, seeking the expertise of a Senior Analytical Research Chemist to develop new methods and generate first in class drug substance and drug product. This work plays a crucial role in advancing the companies drugs to patients and is closely linked with the process development and formulation departments
Senior Analytical Research Chemist – Key Responsibilities:
- Practical analytical support using a range of general pharmaceutical analytical techniques including (U)HPLC and GC for drug substance and formulation samples. Experience with method development will be highly advantageous.
- Provide analytical support for drug substance process development and formulation development
- Execute and understand the stability of drug substance candidates and formulation prototypes
- Propose, discuss and implement new / innovative ways of working or analytical technologies to increase project knowledge and accelerate analytical support
- The ability to present and discuss results with internal and external stakeholders through the means of presentations and written reports
- A BSc, MSc or PhD in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, or related discipline with applicable academic or industrial experience
- Strong practical analytical chemistry skills across a range of general analytical techniques that should include (U)HPLC and GC. HPLC experience shall also be considered.
- Method development experience is desirable. Experience with LC-MS and NMR for chemistry route development support would be highly desirable
- Excellent organic chemistry skills to ensure appropriate analytical measurements and suggestions
- The ability to work in a fast pace environment and manage priorities with challenging timelines