Job DescriptionA fantastic TAX FREE Contractual Job Opportunity has just been made availbale for an experienced Sr. Contracts Engineer to be based in Qatar by a leading operating oil and gas company.
Primary Purpose of the Job:
- Provide professional advice, expertise and practical assistance to all assigned end-user departments of the Corporation in all tendering contractual matters from inception of project till close-out of contracts.
- Finalisation of tender documentation including preparation of pricing mechanism and release for tender.
- Guide the assigned sponsoring departments while reviewing the content of tender bulletin, tender clarifications.
- In addition actively participates during evaluation of tenders, commercial negotiation with tenderers.
- Prepares award plan submissions and letter of awards.
- Represent the Contracts Department in various tender and evaluation committees, including those of Associates, Affiliates and Joint-Ventures.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and ethics on all contractual matters.
- Propagate and maintain "zero harm culture". Prepare draft contract documents; incorporating the effect of all negotiations, Clarifications and qualifications.
- Review work Eservice scopes of tenders & Work Change Requests and liaise with Sponsoring Departments for improvements and changes.
- Management of contracts by rendering contractual support on resolving disputes, evaluation of claims, variations and settlement of final account.
- Ensure that contract strategies, tenders, contracts and variations are in full compliance with company's Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure coverage of Risk Assessment in accordance with company's HSE Risk Management Guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with Contracts Procedures and support Project Execution Procedures.
- Single point accountability for all assigned contracts from inception till close out,including administration of Coil tracts and variations, dispute resolution, monitoring cost /schedule impacts, rendering contractual support on payment, disputes and claims, quality management and any associated HSE consequences.
- Incumbent shall be an experienced team worker, have knowledge and experience on technical, commercial and contractual aspects, working effectively and productively, with interactive skills, pleasant personality and excellent rapport.
- Shall be active, alert and conscious of the importance of delivering suitable contractual advice on schedule.
- Though he cannot work in isolation, he shall exercise vigil at all times, so that information or data are not going to unwanted parties and shall always be watchful of safeguarding the interest of the Corporation.
- Should possess administration and prioritization skills.
- Superior presentation skills.
- Should possess interpersonal skills to develop productive relationship with a diversity of customers.
- Should be able to communicate effectively with diverse audiences.