- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Relevant years of experience in heavy industrial equipment maintenance including minimum years of maintenance planning and scheduling.
- Middle East experience is preferred.
- Good working knowledge of maintenance practices and principles.
- Good knowledge of support equipment, Cranes is required.
- MS office literacy.
- Experience with EAMS.
- Technical knowledge of maintenance and repair of Ship to Shore Cranes, Rubber tyred gantry Cranes, and Spreaders, handling equipment in general.
- Advanced decision-making skill.
- Proficiency in English (must) and in Arabic (preferred).
- Ability to work with key stakeholders and external partners/advisors through collaboration & teamwork in a non-hierarchical relationship framework.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Outstanding organising and planning skills.
- Coordinate with Technical Managers on all port equipment and facilities that need maintenance and assign (based on the criticality of the issue) relevant personnel to perform maintenance activity to ensure that all cranes and mobile equipment are functioning to support smooth, efficient and safe operations.
- Coordinate with technicians within the department and check their availability to carry out maintenance activity so that all maintenance activities are performed timely.
- Organize with relevant personnel at the port the availability of the equipment to be able to carry out maintenance activities.
- Communicate with operations team regarding all equipment/ facility breakdown and all maintenance activities that might affect their day-to-day operation.
- Reach out to supplier when required to provide any maintenance activity to port equipment or facility so that day-to-day operation is not affected.
- Ensure effective cascading of the divisional strategy into sectional business plans to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing strategies.
- Oversee the physical verification of items in the equipment list to ensure its accuracy and the Master Equipment List is up to date.
- Conduct failure mode analysis and publish and implement the results/corrective actions and modifications.
- Monitor performance indicators and ensure achievement of targets relevant to maintenance activities (Department KPIs).
- Manage the effective achievement of assigned objectives through the leadership of the assigned section by setting of individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff to maximize sectional performance.
- Lead the talent development initiatives for the assigned section, collaborating with technical/discipline experts and thereby ensure the availability of talent to fit business requirements.