Job DescriptionLegal Translator
- Bachelor’s degree in translation from a reputable university.
- Relevant years of experience as a legal translator
- Middle East experience is preferred.
- Translate to a very high standard of accuracy legal texts and documents clearly and accurately that may be technically and linguistically complex, where necessary seeking clarification from the originator of the document to ensure the translated text reflects the required meaning.
- Translate Company’s contracts, Agreements, Laws, Policies and Manuals, ensuring the preservation of original meanings, correctness and usage of most appropriate terminology.
- Translate Company’s board related documents such as minutes, resolutions and directions.
- Translate audit reports, HSE reports and any other report as instructed from time to time.
- Edit and proof-read translations done by other members within the department to ensure the quality of translation conforms to company standards.
- Own responsibility for the quality of translated text and accurately proof-read text (whether translated by self or others) to ensure accuracy.
- Review and quality assure translations done by third party providers to ensure the service provided conforms to company standards and achieves the required meaning.
- Act as an interpreter when required and be ready and able to conduct simultaneous translation and interpretation services.
- Accompany Company’s representatives on any trip, event, and meeting or during a call-in order to act as an Interpreter.
- Be present in the event where a foreign delegation visits company and the services of an Interpreter are required and ensure proper interpretation is relayed.