Job DescriptionRole: Workover Engineering Lead
Duration: 12 months
Package: 2 x Travel Days + Business Class Flights
The Workover Engineer Lead will report directly to the Workover Engineering Manager. The position is responsible for the delivery of safe, effective Workover and Completion solutions for the field development plan. The Engineer Lead will work closely in a multi-cultural environment that requires daily liaison with the Workover Team Leads, Well Services, International Service Providers, Contractors, and support to the Subsurface Team.
- Provide engineering experience, expertise and leadership to the Workover Delivery teams
- Lead by example as a senior team member with a strong commitment to HSE.
- QA/QC and contribution to ensure highest standard provision of Workover/Completion Programs generated by the Workover Engineering Team
- QA/QC of all pre-job technical calculations within Programs
- Daily engineering and troubleshooting support to the Workover Delivery teams
- Specific expertise in Water Shut-offs/zonal isolation, ESP Installation, Water Injection, High Angle TCP and ‘Barefoot” Completions, Wellbore Cleanout, Cased Hole Fishing, and Well Integrity repair/intervention
- Training and mentoring of local and junior staff engineers
- Liaise with Service Providers and Contractors with regards to inventory and equipment needs aligned with short and long term Rig/Well scheduling and planning
- Contribute to peer review meetings with the Workover Delivery teams
- Conduct QA/QC of EOWR prepared by the Workover Delivery teams
- Conduct engineering post-job reviews with Workover Rig contractors and Service Companies to define engineering and performance improvements
- Provide technical and engineering support to the Workover Delivery teams
- Offer recommendations for operational improvements plus implementing optimization and efficiency opportunities
- Self-starter and minimum supervision role
- Participate in Quarterly Contractor Performance Reviews
- Support technical training programs of engineers joining the WO team.
- Ensuring competency assessments are conducted and accurate training records are kept.
- Work with the in-place training material and develop it further to be able to accurately appraise individual performance.
- BSc Engineering or equivalent Secondary Technical Degree
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in oil/gas field development/rehabilitation projects, 10 of which should be staff or contract roles with International Operator
- Experience with land rig Workover Operations including scheduling and planning
- Good communication and mentoring skills to be commensurate with the above job role
- Landmark Open Wells Reporting
- Fluids and Hydraulics Software
- Log Interpretation
- Strong English language skills required
- Demonstrate knowledge of the oil industry
- Strong team player and mentor
- Experience of managing third party contractors
- Aptitude to innovate and open to new ideas.
- IWCF Well Control certified or equivalent.
- Flexible approach to work
- Results orientated
- Function steadily in fast paced, large scale project
Yes - up to 5% - contractor meetings in the region if required