Duration: 12 months
Package: 2 x Travel Days + Business Class Flights
The Workover Mentor reports to the Workover Superintendent, who in turn reports to the Workover & Completions Manager. The Workover Mentor is responsible for the integration of good oil field practices and the training of Iraqi National staff.
The role of the Workover Mentor is to ensure that HSE goals, Operational Integrity, Standards and Well Objectives are not compromised during workover operations that are controlled and directed by Iraqi National Staff and Trainees as part of the onsite training required in the Training Program.
The Workover Mentor is not accountable for efficiency and / or progress of these operations.
- Active HSE Leadership following Golden Rules and conformance to approved HSE plans
- Active Mentoring of Iraqi National staff
- Support Training Department/Workover by evaluating progress and competency of Iraqi National Staff as per the Training Plan, including participation in assessment interviews and input to drive continuous improvement of the program
- Active monitoring and guiding the Iraqi National Staff controlling and directing operations including but not limited to HSE; control of work; well control; planning and preparation of upcoming operations; issuing of clear instructions to the Workover contractor based on the requirements laid down, the workover program, discussions with HQ; communication with various contractors on and off site; observing, interpreting, understanding and reacting to workover conditions; reporting, morning calls, accident / incident reporting etc.); good oilfield practices etc.
- Monitor service providers through formal audit and inspections to promote good HSE & oil field practice, in accordance with Standards and Golden Rules.
- Deputize for Workover Team Leader if required
- BS Engineering preferred,
- 25+ years relevant oilfield experience,
- Minimum 10 years wellwork experience,
- Advanced knowledge in the following:
- Workover rig equipment,
- Workover well control,
- Workover optimizaton,
- Well killing,
- Water shutoff operations,
- ESP installations,
- Proficient in safe working practices and good oil field practices, including Control of Work, Management of Change, Job Safety Analysis and Risk Assessment
- Proven ability to lead Workover operations through theoretical and practical approaches
- Proven ability to understand and work with different cultures
- Valid Well Control certification, as per Standards
- International experience preferred (preference for Middle East)
- Proven Leadership (HSE and Operational) skills and achievements
- Proven Mentoring skills
- Land workover experience required.