Job DescriptionProduction / Plant Manager - Chemicals - COMAH - East Anglia
Due to increased demand, my client, a well-established chemicals manufacturer with a fantastic reputation with both their clients and employees alike, are now looking for a Production Manager to lead one of their newly introduced Plant Performance Centres at their East Anglia based site.
Offering a competitive package together with a genuine opportunity to progress into a site manager / general manager position, this could be an ideal move for anybody with relevant experience looking to move forward in their career.
- To achieve production targets as set out in line with site strategy.
- Focus on lean, six sigma, continuous improvement
- Responsibility for planning both short and long term objectives including performance, shutdown / start-up, CAPEX, and maintenance.
- Budgetary control of unit.
- Leading and developing direct reports of varying disciplines.
- Managing support functions and interaction ensuring relevant information is exchanged to enable efficiency in use of resources.
- Responsible for delivering operational compliance with QSHE.
- Continuous Improvement of plant performance standards such as health & safety, cost, on-time delivery, reliability, quality, material consumption and cycle times.
- Degree in chemical engineering / chemistry. Further qualification in management would also be desirable but not essential.
- Background and practical experience in a chemical manufacturing (or closely related) management position.
- Strong leadership and management skills with a proven track record in motivating others and decision making.
- Thorough understanding of Health & Safety in chemicals manufacturing. Preferably with upper tier COMAH experience (lower tier would be considered).
- Six sigma green belt minimum.
- Experience in the introduction of lean / six sigma techniques.