Job DescriptionRole: Senior ESP Engineer
Duration: 12 months
Package: 2 x Travel Days + Business Class Flights
- Lead, mentor and support continuous Subsurface ESP team performance improvement.
- Demonstrate technical leadership within the Subsurface department and in particular within the ESP team.
- Monitor and quality check (QC) the overall ESP well performance optimisation process to enhance production and increase ESP run life.
- Support the ESP Team Lead position when necessary
· A strong advocate of safety and integrity in all reservoir activities– lead by example in HSE.
- Troubleshoot ESP performance, in liaison with Operations ESP Advisor, recommend remedial actions and follow up on actions taken.
- Periodically QC and audit the ESP optimisation process from data gathering through recordkeeping (including the ESP Optimisation Tracker spreadsheet and Data Source NR and SR spreadsheets. Lead the Optimisation Meetings, validate all optimisation recommendations and follow up on post optimisation monitoring.
- Using Prosper, Autograph, SubPUMP or other software, regularly audit random ESP models created by the ESP Engineers to ensure consistent, valid models are created from the best available data and opportunities for optimisation are not missed.
- Manage and update and ESP Master Spreadsheet, the ESP Well Data Master spreadsheet, the Report Generator Master spreadsheet, the Weekly Report Template spreadsheet, the ESP SubPump vs Prosper Corrections spreadsheet and other key ESP team records. Prepare the Weekly ESP Summary Report, Weekly ESP Dashboard, Monthly ESP Dashboard and Weekly BM meeting slides in a timely manner and professional format.
- Manage and complete various Subsurface ESP team projects assigned.
· Identify and implement initiatives and technologies to improve ESP runlife.
· Develop the capabilities of local national staff through formal and informal training / mentoring.
· Review and validate ESP commissioning recommendations and commissioning follow up.
· Actively participate in ESP Wash-Up meetings, ESP Runlife Challenge meetings and other similar activities aimed at ESP run life improvement.
- Daily review on DOF the status of ESP wells and alert SS ESP TL & Ops ESP Advisor for wells offline and wells that require troubleshooting.
- Advise on all aspects of ESP engineering, applications and equipment to ensure delivery of safe and environmentally sound solutions, on time and within budget.
- Ensure Daily/Weekly/Periodic Delivery as specific on the Senior ESP Engineer Task List
- ESP Master spreadsheet, the ESP Well Data Master spreadsheet, the Report Generator Master spreadsheet, the Weekly Report Template spreadsheet, the ESP SubPump vs Prosper Corrections spreadsheet, ESP Chemical Treatment Tracker spreadsheet.
- Make recommendations for
- Independently recommend ESP well optimization and intervention candidates supported by ESP modelling using Prosper, Autograph and / or SubPUMP, or other software.
- Create and improve processes within the Subsurface ESP team.
- Regularly attend and periodically make presentations as required in Base Management meetings and department Lunch and Learn sessions.
- ESP Optimisation
- ESP Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning
- ESP Production Data Allocation Accuracy
- ESP Runlife Improvement
- Daily training and mentoring of National ESP Engineers
- Encourage and enable ESP Engineers to attend relevant training.
- Encourage and enable ESP Engineers to attend ESP equipment dismantles at Vendor workshops.
- Assist with / prepare and provide specific customized ESP training as requested.
- BSc in petroleum engineering or equivalent.
- 10+ years of industry experience in ESP technology plus relevant experience in aspects of petroleum engineering.
- Fluent English and good presentation skills with effective interdisciplinary communication and oilfield development skills.
- Ability to use industry software (PETEX, Autograph, SubPUMP) for design and modelling of ESP performance.
- Extensive knowledge and skills in MS Office, notably Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Leadership skills.