Connecting

Senior Reservoir Engineer

Job title: Senior Reservoir Engineer
Contract Type: Contract
Location: Iraq, Iraq
Industry:
Salary: Competitive
Reference: BH-122810
Contact Name: Amy Doran
Phone Number: 0161-942-4000
Job Published: 22 days ago

Job Description

Role:           Senior Reservoir Engineer
Duration:    12 months 
Rotation:    28/28
Location:    Iraq
Package:    2 x Travel Days + Business Class Flights


Role Synopsis

This is a Senior Reservoir Engineer agency position in the Reservoir Management team, which is a core part of the in-country Subsurface Team. This team provides day to day management of the giant reservoirs and their world-class water-floods.

A key part of the contract is the development of national staff and this position will be accountable for implementing the development programmes devised for the national reservoir engineers, as well as identifying further development opportunities for them, such that the transfer of subsurface work. The role is aimed at developing reservoir management capability with primary responsibility of coaching and mentoring of Iraqi Reservoir Engineers to this purpose. 

The requisite reservoir management skills will be transferred to Iraqi staff by means of focused coaching and supervised on the job training. Additional learning will be provided by targeted training courses.

Activities relating to skills development of Iraqi staff via coaching will represent 60% of the role. The other 40% will be focused on providing reservoir management expertise and inputs relating to oilfield production, e.g. Water flood pilots and Reservoir management support to Production and NWD Teams.

Key Accountabilities

  • Primary responsibility will be coaching and mentoring of Iraqi Reservoir Engineers to develop their skills in strategic reservoir management.
  • Support Reservoir Management Manager in the update and maintenance of
  • Reservoir Engineering personal development plans (competencies and training plan) and continual assessment of individual progress.
  • Responsible for cross-disciplinary integration of data (static reservoir description, dynamic surveillance and production data) – from field start up to end of production
  • Work closely with Reservoir engineers, Geologists and Petrophysicists to develop understanding of current distribution and volume of remaining hydrocarbons, support production plan.
  • Work closely with MEST to implement the long-term reservoir management strategy, to manage and provide input into operating plan, base management activities and finding new production opportunities.
  • Actively lead the reservoir engineering workfront in the identification and progression of value adding opportunities into the Wellwork hopper and the update of NWD Hopper.
  • Provide Reservoir Engineering framework for the interpretation of dynamic field data in support of ongoing production operations on the field e.g. surveillance planning, well work options etc.
  • Communicate subsurface uncertainty and risks to other disciplines at mini well review and panel reviews, ensuring reservoir management strategy and panel guidelines are followed.
  • Performance Management of Main Pay and Waterflooding, and coordination with Base Management and Waterflood Operations team to optimize value of water.
  • Reconcile Depletion plan assumptions with field performance and recommend changes to optimize delivery.
  • Develop and maintain various performance management tools to track reservoir performance against plan and actively feedback with reasons and actions to improve performance.
  • Provide well and reservoir performance analysis and predictions utilizing classical reservoir engineering techniques, identifying opportunities to improve sweep and recovery.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements

  • Extensive and relevant technical experience (including previous role in Reservoir Management team), 10+ years
  • Experience of managing mature oil fields under water flood
  • Expert in classical reservoir engineering
  • Experience of using a variety of classical and analytical techniques to aid reservoir management
  • Experience in analysis of well surveillance data
  • Great integrator and excellent team working behaviours
  • Experienced Reservoir Engineering coach with established track record in coaching and mentoring roles preferably with National Most of World staff
  • Experience of working within or closely aligned with Base management and New Well delivery teams
  • Experience of working in a split site environment
Qualifications

  • Degree in petroleum engineering or related applied science

Get similar jobs like these by email

By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's

Share this Job