Job DescriptionDirector of Translational Science – Cambridge – Biotech
Identifying a breakthrough in the petri dish is always an exciting moment for any scientific professional. Ensuring the development of this breakthrough to be tangibly translated into a drug for patients requires a whole new category of investigative and patient focused skills. My client, an award winning Biotechnology Company in the Cambridge region is currently seeking the expertise of a Director of Translational Science to further progress their lead oncology therapeutic candidates to the clinic.
This role will include the identification, preclinical and clinical validation of patient selection tools, companion diagnostic build with external parties, identification and implementation of pharmacodynamic assays along with supporting the preparation and submission of first time in patient investigational new drug applications with the relevant authorities.
Director of Translational Science – Key Responsibilities:
- Work with the C-suite to ensure the translational science programs provide data required to support a patient selection strategy for medicines in development and to characterize early phase studies.
- Ensure patient selection tools and methodologies are available for implementation within clinical studies and oversee their application during clinical studies
- Act as Translational Lead on Development and Clinical Teams
- Collaborate with external scientific partners and CROs in the design, conduct and reporting of externally conducted research
- Establish and maintain appropriate collaborations and relationships with external experts
- Extensive industrial experience including experience in oncology translational or clinical laboratory-based research
- Specific experience in the application of biomarkers to clinical translational research during the development process
- Knowledge of IVD/diagnostics development
- Proven experience in managing research collaborations, contract laboratories and budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to liaise with experts in the field.
- Experience in assembling, analysing and interpreting large datasets such as genomics and proteomics
- Experience of managing preparation of appropriate parts of IND submission and interactions with competent authorities
- Working knowledge of genomic and proteomic current biomarker methodologies