Job DescriptionNES Global Talent are currently looking for a Logistics Co-ordinator, to support one of our leading oilfield clients. Based in Farnborough, our client is specifically looking for candidates with Import/Export logistics experience, along with having previous exposure to customs regulations.
This will be an initial 12 month contract position and we are looking for the suitable candidate to start at the beginning of March.
- Issuing import instructions to follow up with all incoming goods
- Preparation of required import document under IPR/Home Use or Return of British Goods
- Preparation of shipping documentation that accompanies the deliverable goods to worldwide destinations.
- Work in strict compliance with all aspects of International Trade Controls as defined by the ITAR, HMRC, DBIS and other regulatory and requirements
- Working with Supply Chain Team, to devise shipping plan and regular review to ensure on track to target to support OTD and reduction of overdues
- Responsible for ensuring our radioactive shipments are accompanied with transport paperwork according to Dangerous Goods transport by road (ADR) and air (IATA) regulations
- Work with freight forwarders to insure timely dispatch of goods to meet the customer requested delivery date
- Liaise and work closely with Customer Service Representatives to insure customers satisfaction
- Performing daily clerical duties
- Prior experience in Lean Six Sigma
- Flexible and adaptable
- Customer satisfaction focused
- Confident team player
- Training /qualification: Transport management, Letter of credit, Dangerous Goods, Customs. etc.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in cross-functional, global team environment
- Working knowledge of how to prepare documentation for importing shipment into the UK
- Working knowledge of the required document for exporting goods from the UK to worldwide destinations
- Strong knowledge of transport incoterm