A leading Client based in Oman is currently looking for a Country Supply Chain Manager to be based in Muscat. The role will report to the Country Manager. Please note this role is presently only open to Omani Candidates only.
To lead and manage the supply chain function for all plants in a country including activities such as procurement, logistics and warehousing, to ensure the cost, quality and scope requirements are met in an efficient manner, whilst ensuring overall cost optimization. This role will be replacing person who is promoted into a global role, showcasing the client willingness to promote within the group.
- Lead the procurement and contracts process pertaining to Chemical and Consumables, Spares, and Services, providing guidance and support to ensure provision of the required procurement support as per the agreed service level agreements.
- Participate in tender committee meetings and provide feedback with respect to the evaluation of suppliers suitable for the job.
- Lead negotiations and finalization of quotations (with emphasis on quality, price, terms, deliveries) to ensure that purchase requisitions are done in are done in an efficient manner.
- Manage the overall invoice processing activities by liaising with finance and user departments to ensure vendors receive their payments as per the contract terms, thereby building a healthy business relationship with vendors.
- Oversee and guide the preparation of the logistics plan in alignment with the operations plans to ensure both supply & demand sides are aligned, balanced, and realistic.
- Manage the overall materials receipt activities including scheduling, coordinating with suppliers and freight forwarders, quality and specifications checks, materials documentation etc., to ensure materials are received in a smooth and efficient manner.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience with supply chain / Procurement
- Should have proven record managing supply chain management of and procuring multi-million dollar equipment and goods
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business administration, material management, logistic or similar
- Previous experience working in the power and distribution would be preferential but not essential
- Working for a leading international client strong present in the power industry
- Direct hire role
- Staff benefits include annual Bonus (subject to performance) and family medical insurance
- Career progression available Lucrative monthly salary on offer
- Role based near Seeb, Muscat