Job DescriptionMain Aspects of Job:
Working as part of a team in the process consulting business line, typical projects include Profit Improvement Programs (PIP), strategic analysis, operational excellence, process trouble shooting and Plant optimisation. This role requires a good base level understanding of general refinery process operations.
The post holder will be required to work as part of a team- both within the location and remotely. The successful candidate will have a willingness to travel as and when required on an international and domestic basis. Approximately 25%- 30% of the time.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
• Lead data collection and analysis – for example take Client test run data and reconcile
• Execute/review process calculations – such as tray sizing, furnace coking
• Simulation modelling and calibration in Petro-SIM of individual process units
• Lead and review the development of Refinery wide Flowsheet in Petro-SIM
• Economic analysis of opportunities (for example payback, NPV and IRR)
• Manage projects or work streams within larger projects:
o Sets/updates the project targets reflecting commitments of the contract in conjunction with the Regional Operations Manager
o Establish Project Plan - employs client established methods and tools, adapted for the specific site’s needs
o Defines resourcing requirements and work to be done by the individual team members
o Reports progress formally to the Client and internally
• Assistance in proposal preparation as required
• Assists with Client sales visits.
• Participate in developing sales awards in excess of $500K per year
• BEng/ MEng in Chemical/ Process engineering is required or equivalent experience
• Experience of refinery operations and refinery economics is essential
• An area of particular expertise such as Primary Fractionation, Hydroprocessing, Fluidised Catalytic Cracking, Naphtha Processing or Residue Processing would be advantageous.
• Knowledge of simulation tools such as Petro-SIM (HYSYS, UNISIM) would be advantageous.
• Good organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines within budget and achievement of planned margins
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (excellent English skills, both written and oral) and the ability to deal with colleagues and Clients professionally
• Ability to work well in team environment under supervision and willingness to assist others
• Display a high level of professionalism towards colleagues and as an ambassador of the company
• Must be a self-starter that demonstrates a flexible approach
• 15+ years of experience