Job DescriptionLearning & Development Manager
Reporting into the HR Director
£35,000 - £45,000 – DOE
To provide a support service to the site Management Team. This will include training, development and assessment for all site personnel, maintenance of Operational standards and logistical support.
Support HR and other Functions in the design and, where appropriate, the delivery of training programmes and assessment of competency.
- Comply with and promote all HSE safety policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with COMAH critical aspects of the Process Safety Management System and Major Accident Prevention Policy (MAPP) where relevant to his/her area of responsibility
- Conduct HSE audits and assist in progressing improvement action plans
- Conduct learning events and direct corrective action plans
- Liase with HSE Function and support HSE training initiatives and programmes
- Conduct Training Needs Analysis (TNA) to identify areas for improvement and better ways of working
- Design and deliver training programmes to bring about business benefits and to ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and quality requirements
- Responsible for developing performance improvement plans and directing corrective action plans
- Responsible for/expert in specific plant areas/high risk plant or unit operations
- Responsible for the implementation of various improvement projects
- Ensure plant information files are managed correctly and are available
- Undertake cGMP audits and raise standards
- Solve problems by a systematic approach and liaise with functional department personnel to gain support and guidance in problem solving techniques
- Develop and assess team and individual competencies
- Verify competency assessments conducted by Line Managers to ensure consistency of Assessment
- Maintain training records in liaison with HR/Operations Management
- Establish and promote best practice.
- Audit shift team performance and carry out corrective actions via training plans.
- Recognised Training representative during customer and regulatory audits
- Assist in preparation and execution of external audits
Contacts & Relationships:
- Work closely with HR in developing training and development initiatives
- Conduct site tours for new employees, interviewees and other visitors to the site as required
- Develop and maintain good working relationships between inter departmental functions
- Minimum of five years’ experience in chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Line management experience or experience in a production support role with significant manufacturing interface.
- Thorough knowledge of cGMP and company safety/quality philosophies
- Good interpersonal skills
- Determination to establish best practice.
- Training, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to manage conflicting priorities