Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry.
Our valued client is seeking a Millwright in Cold Lake, AB for a 1 year contract. Candidates must be local to the surrounding area or willing to relocate.
As an initial assignment you will train as a member of our maintenance staff to gain practical hands-on experience with maintenance and safety procedures. On-the-job experience will be supplemented with additional related formal training. You will be required to work on your own without direct supervision following the initial training period. Frequent driving on gravel roads is a key component of this position.
- Abiding by all safety rules and standards, reporting hazards and holding responsibility for the safe operation of assigned facilities
- Participating in safety programs and attending training sessions; completing self-development courses
- Executing all work within government regulations and company standards
- Executing specific activities defined within the preventative maintenance program to maintain the integrity of assigned equipment and machinery
- Repairing machinery malfunctions identified through work order system and performing associated plant/field housekeeping
- Demonstrating ability and initiative to improve or modify existing systems or procedures
- Utilize shop tools and equipment and complete predictive maintenance tasks such as vibration monitoring, temperature monitoring etc.
- Assisting in root cause and cost benefit analysis to reduce cost and eliminate recurring problems
- Working together with operations and contract personnel as necessary
- Attending and participating in the maintenance network as required
- Journeyman Mechanical Technician, Millwright or Automotive/Heavy Duty Mechanic certification is required
- Valid Class 5 driver's license and a safe driving record are required for this position
- Able to work in a team environment
- Able to work shift work
- Able to communicate effectively with team members