Job DescriptionMHWirth, located in Houston, TX is seeking an experienced Electrical Field Service Technician. The Field Service Technician represents the quality of all products of MHWirth origin. They provide technical assistance to clients and perform/oversee field installations and repairs. This role requires extensive travel domestically and internationally for onshore and offshore assignments.
MUST live in the Houston area, will be in-house when not travelling. Must be able to work in the USA without Work Authorization Assistance now or in the future.
Top 5 Assets:
1. Siemens Step 7 Programming
2. Software trouble shooting PLC (any type)
3. Experience with AC/DC and VFD motors
4. Be able to read electrical schematics
5. Proficient use of multimeters (profibus communication)
Responsibilities and Tasks:
• The position is to report to office located in Houston, Tx
• Perform all work in accordance with MH Wirth and client safety policies.
• Provide installation, commissioning, troubleshooting and repair services in shop or field environment on quipment.
• Document all services performed and actions carried out on service and time tickets.
• Stay current on information contained in Product and Safety Bulletins.
• Establish and maintain good working relationship with client personnel.
• Coordinate with Service Manager and Service Account Manager for required parts, materials, support, etc.
• Advise client of modifications or upgrades to DRT AS equipment
• Stay current on information with DRT AS software procedures and ensure software is handled according to procedures and guidelines.
• EFST, Senior & Principal: provide technical support and training to level 1 & 2 EFST.
Qualifications / Personal Attributes: -
Proficient in basic electrical circuits standards, codes and components for troubleshooting and installations
Ability to read schematics and layout drawings.
Proficient with software updating, installation, troubleshooting.
Drilling offshore knowledge and experience on top side equipment
Basic working knowledge of Hydraulics
Excellent customer service skills and attitude
Capability to read, write and comprehend English.
Excellent organizational and analytical skills
Understands and effectively uses basic computer hardware and software to perform tasks
Ability to support co-worker with technical inquiries and training
Proficient in Siemens WinCC
Proficient in anti-collision systems
Proficient in GE simplicity (HMI) instrumentation & controls (oil and gas) trouble shoot , test, installation, & commissioning
Proficient with Profibus, Profinet, industrial Ethernet, to trouble shoot , test, installation
Proficient in PLC-Siemens 300 and 1500, Allen Bradley, WinAC, RTX Mitsubishi
Proficient use of tools: Process meter, Oscillscope, profi trace, fiber optic test equipment
Knowledge of AC, VFD, DC drives- Siemens, ABB
Proficient ON machine interlocks
Knowledge on raid systems-how to configure and replace
Knowledge of data bases- SQL database management
Knowledge of network architecture how to configure
Proficient in Siemens TIA portal and Step 7- to troubleshoot, install, test and modify code
Proficient in WITS interface- working knowledge of protocol
Proficient in the handling intelligent operator chair
Knowledge of robotic motion control (RMC) systems for pipe handling equipment