Job DescriptionAssociate Principal Scientist, Analytical Chemistry - Hertfordshire – Permanent
Analytical chemistry is a highly important discipline relative to the drug discovery process in the pharmaceutical industry. My client, a leading pharma company involved in small molecule and API development, is currently seeking the expertise of an Associate Principal Analytical Scientist to join, guide and lead their experienced and rapidly expanding teams.
Associate Principal Analytical Scientist Key Responsibilities:
- Operating, developing, troubleshooting and validating HPLC and other analytical methods
- Leading analytical project teams working to tight deadlines, supervising more junior members of staff as required
- Planning their and the team’s workload and prioritising as necessary with minimal experience.
- Implement new analytical techniques to support projects
- Able to work effectively in a GMP laboratory and solve multiple complex Analytical issues
- Analysing and deciphering meaning from complex scientific data
- Aiding in project development with your senior colleagues
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry or related scientific discipline , coupled with 4+ years’ experience in an Analytical Chemistry lab
- In-depth, hands on expertise and up to date knowledge in HPLC methods and other separation techniques such as SFC and/or GC.
- Strong scientific record and background.
- Clear understanding of the drug development process in a GMP environment.
- Excellent communication skills with a strong drive to succeed in your work and ability to present to your peers.