Job DescriptionNES are working with a Global Chemical operator to search for a Cost Controller for its operations in teh Benelux region (Based in Rotterdam)
This role will to join the Operations team based in Rotterdam and will report to Benelux Maintenance manager and you will be responsible for controlling the spend of approx. 20MM euro.
Main objectives for the role:
1) Cost control on plant maintenance outages in Benelux:
- A check of all invoices to make sure manhours and materials quoted are in line with actuals supplied
- Contractor hours check vs. site attendance records
- Team up with Purchasing department to make sure we have an aligned purchasing strategy for all activities during each outage
- Monthly reporting of forecast and actual spend to date
- Cost management of new scope (discoveries) during outages
- Daily reporting of spend vs. budget during the turnarounds
2) Field checks of materials & equipment delivered by contractors/suppliers vs. scope defined in the purchase order
3) Accounts payable - check every invoice we receive, e.g: Natural Gas, Power, Water, Rentals, Chemicals, etc
- Has a high set of safety standards, and pursues a culture of Safety and Quality that pervades all aspects of work
- Has an engineering degree and/or finance background
- Is able to organize and plan very well, and has a very structured and disciplined work ethic
- Has well developed analytical skills
- Enjoys working in a very dynamic operational plant environment
- During 2020 the operator plans to execute a number of large plant turnarounds in Benelux. Some of these turnarounds will not only have a significant maintenance scope, but also a large project scope.
- Total spend in the year will be around 20 MM euro.
- This role is needed to forecast the cost of these outages correctly, and to make sure we control our cost as planned during the execution of these turnarounds. Also, the job holder will make sure all extra scope due to discoveries during the turnarounds are properly reviewed before approval is given to execute.
- The job holder will have to liaise with many internal stakeholders, such as BNLX maintenance manager, BNLX Project Manager, European Maintenance cost controller, BNLX Plant managers, (senior) Business managers, Purchasing team.
- The job holder will have an unique opportunity to demonstrate her/his capabilities to senior business and operations managers within Air Products, as these outages attract a lot of senior level attention.