Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry.
Our client, a well-known Owner/Operator company, is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer, in St. John’s NL.
This position is responsible for technical support for the design of West White Rose Project (WWRP) Wellhead Platform (WHP) electrical engineering systems/requirements. In this position, you will be responsible for supporting the basic design principles for electrical systems on the WHP. This position will provide up front input and review of engineering work, ongoing technical support during the execution of the various aspects of the project and provide periodic auditing of project activity.
Location: St. John's, NL with expectation to spend 2-3 months in Houston (upon mobilization) on an extended business trip.
Travel: Must be eligible to travel to the US
Safety-sensitive checks: Driver's abstract, Drug & Alcohol and Medical test.
Must Have Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Member in good standing, or eligible for registration with (PEGNL).
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in Electrical Engineering with significant exposure to engineering and maintenance in the offshore oil and gas industry, preferably production and drilling facilities.
• Technical knowledge of process topsides equipment, utilities equipment, and drilling facility requirements in the offshore oil and gas industry.
• Familiar with C-NLOPB and Transport Canada Regulations relevant to Offshore Operations.
• Familiarity with offshore health, safety and regulatory requirements.
• Familiarity with the Canadian Electrical Code.
• Familiarity with overall electrical system design including power system analysis and studies, equipment sizing, protection relay design and coordination, black start requirements & essential and emergency system requirements and power management systems.
• Familiarity with power generation systems including main turbine driven generators, essential generators and emergency generators.
• Familiarity with drilling electrical systems including inverters, DC power systems and variable frequency drives.
• Familiarity with electrical standards relevant to the oil and gas industry, including NEMA, IEEE, API, CSA, etc.
• Knowledge of and practical experience in hazardous area classification and requirements, low, medium and high voltage distribution systems, motors, UPS’s, PLC’s, EHT, etc.
• Experience working in a multi-discipline project environment, especially during the engineering phases.
• Experience providing technical guidance to engineering contractors.
• Experience with electrical equipment installation and commissioning requirements.
• Experience working with construction contractors at their facility during the building and commissioning of the facilities.
NES offers a competitive compensation/benefits package to its employees as well as on-going professional development and international opportunities.