Job DescriptionNES Global Talent has partnered with international clients in oil and gas to source the top talent available in the Australian and International market. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and our relationships with industry leaders. This ensures the best possible fit for long-term success.
Currently Queensland’s Energy industry is in an exciting growth phase as such we are now seeking an experienced Operations Program Engineer to fulfil a 12 month contract position based in Queensland. The Operations Program Engineer will report to the Lead Operations Program Engineer.
As a key member of the Owner’s team the primary responsibility of the Operations Program Engineer is responsible for the safe & efficient delivery of campaigns in accordance with work processes and standards within Upstream Operations. The Operations Program Engineer plans, controls, and executes a set of related scopes through engineering, procurement and construction to meet identified business needs and deliver business value. The role will require the management of resources, quality, reporting, technical analysis, budgets, planning & scheduling integration and HSSE.
Responsibilities will include though are not limited to:
• Understand and apply HSSE-SP control framework in all aspects of program delivery. Ensure direct reports & contractors meet HSSE requirements;
• Safely and efficiently deliver campaigns including engineering, procurement and construction within ongoing Operations to the agreed scope, schedule, budget & quality;
• Identify interdependencies and integrate implementation of multiple programs, streamlining the delivery process to ensure cost effective delivery of programs and optimised well site shut downs;
• Build strong working relationships, integration & alignment with stakeholders including Operations, Maintenance, Planning, Scheduling, WRFM (Production) and Reliability teams;
• Ensure readiness for execution and compliance with Integrated Activity Planning & Scheduling;
• Monitor, evaluate and report performance of program delivery;
• Ensure effective management of change and compliance with the Management of Change procedures in all aspects of program delivery;
• Deliver capital programs to the Project Management Framework and Discipline Controls & Assurance Framework.
Experience will include:
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline, with a minimum of 8+ years oil & gas experience;
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in program or project delivery;
• Successful track record delivering integrated scopes within an Operation;
• Proactive and visible HSE leadership, demonstrating commitment to safety through language, behaviour and actions;
• • Excellent problem solving, collaboration, communication, interpersonal, client-service, negotiation and stakeholder-management skills;
• Ability to react and adjust to changing conditions and priorities in a live operation;
• Experience in directly managing site and office-based teams;
• Experience in utilising Asset Planning and Computerised Maintenance Management System for the execution of work;
• Strong change management change skills and experience; and,
• Ability to manage multiple programs of work and achieve synergies.
Along with this your professionalism and leadership qualities will enable effective communication with the team ensuring cohesion and commitment to organizational processes and safe work practices.
The incumbent will be will be based in Brisbane, QLD on a 5/2 Mon - Fri roster. In return for your commitment you will be offered excellent day rate commencing for 12 contract term along with the opportunity to establish yourself with an international expert.
Should your skills and ability fulfil the above please ‘Apply Now’.