Aker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 16,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Are you ready to shape the digital future together with us?
At ix3 we are passionate about leveraging technology combined with Aker Solutions’ engineering expertise to impact one of the biggest and most complex industries today, the energy industry.
We develop compelling software applications for our customers in the energy industry, accelerating field development projects and optimizing asset integrity, safety and performance. We bring together engineering, manufacturing and live-streamed operational data into Integral™, our operational digital twin platform that provides coherency across assets, data sources and lifecycle phases.
As a Python Developer you will apply data science and machine learning approaches to automate the use of data; generating insights and improving the availability of subsea production equipment, working within a rapidly growing team with a high strategic focus within the business.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Design, implement and test new functionality in our software products to meet the goals of the company
- Ensure high standards of quality by troubleshooting, maintaining and updating existing software
- Application of Machine Learning techniques to both time series and unstructured data, providing insights that enable more effective condition monitoring and ultimately improve the availability of subsea production equipment
- Develop scalable solutions applicable across multiple generations of equipment
- Work closely with a multi-functional team, leveraging domain expertise from across the business
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Hons Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field
- Experience of developing software in a commercial environment, in a dedicated Python Developer position
- Experience with programming languages such as Java/Python; Good understanding of the data analytics landscape, tools and technology
- A strong grasp of object oriented design, patterns and principles
- Experience developing web applications and APIs
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Willingness to learn new languages, techniques and tools
- Expertise in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask or Pyramid)
- Knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM)
- Experience in the following would be desirable
- Java or C#
- SpringBoot/JPA or Entity Framework
- REST API development
- Google Cloud or Azure
- Jira & Confluence
- Testing with cucumber, cypress, Junit, Mockito, Jasmine & Karma
- Previous experience in an enterprise environment with automated build/test/release processes