Job DescriptionNES Global Talent has partnered with international clients in oil and gas to source the top talent available in the Australian and International market. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and our relationships with industry leaders. This ensures the best possible fit for long-term success.
Currently Queensland’s Energy industry is in an exciting growth phase as such we are now seeking an experienced Upstream Projects - Project Engineer to fulfil a 12 month contract position based in the Surat Basin Queensland working Monday to Friday.
As a key member of the Owner’s team the primary responsibility of the primary focus of this role is to support the delivery of wellsite facilities. The incumbent will liaise with the construction contractors, construction management, field engineering team and home office engineering teams, specifically from the perspective of piping elements of the work. Continual wells & gathering extensions, in-field drilling & new facility construction is an integral part of the ability to fill the QC LNG facility for its design life.
Along with this your professionalism and leadership qualities will enable effective communication with the team ensuring cohesion and commitment to organizational processes and safe work practices.
Experience will include though is not limited to:
• 5-10 years of Operations & Projects experience in the Oil & Gas industry
• CSG experience favourable
• Strong understanding of construction process and requirements
• Strong understanding of contracts and procurement process and requirements
• Experience with Permit to Work (PTW) systems
• Experience in review of Contractors Procedures and ITP's
• Experience working within a controlled change management culture to ensure that any changes are fully assessed through formal and informal management of change (MoC) systems
• Ability to identify program risks and risk management
• A high degree of skill in written and oral communications Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
• Educated in technical or engineering discipline at tertiary level (first degree, or equivalent, preferred)
• Chartered or equivalent qualified professional status preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge of business process re-engineering and change management
• Knowledge of quantifying and assessing risk and developing risk mitigation strategies
• Knowledge of all facets of engineering design, fabrication I construction and testing as well as appreciation of general project management
• Ability to guide, mentor and inspire other team members
In return for your commitment you will be offered excellent day rate commencing for 12 contract term along with the opportunity to establish yourself with an international expert. Please note this position is based in the Surat Basin and therefore the incumbent will be Monday to Friday site based.
Should your skills and ability fulfil the above please ‘Apply Now’.