Job DescriptionJob Title: Thru Tubing Field Operator - 2
Department: Well Services
Location: MENA Region
- Completing all required company's CAP Competency units & elements assigned to him or her in E-Connect thru diligently working on the required tools for related to the discipline assigned.
- Completing all mandatory training for company's & HSE requirements to work on shore and offshore , and the responsibility to keep this current.
- Complete all Thru Tubing Level 1 CLP in a time bound manner.
- Actively participate in jobs assigned to him or her as ‘second man’ on well site location.
- Actively participate in basic job planning and use of company's Thru Tubing Software
- Able to communicate and work as a team member.
- Understand the requirements of the proposed work scope.
- Liaise with the company's Operations Supervisor and confirm the objectives of the operation.
- Use Information gathered from the client in conjunction with TT Operations Supervisor to prepare a technical proposal & where required commercial proposal to suit .
- All customer interfaces will be conducted in a proficient and professional manner.
- Attend pre-job meeting with Operation Coordinator/Manager prior to the job. Ensure full understanding of the requirements of the job and equipment to be used.
- Check all required information, data sheets; operating manuals are present and correct.
- Ensure all required personal protective equipment (PPE) is carried to location in compliance with regulations of the company platform/rig requirements.
- Check all equipment sent to location and ensures everything is accounted for by means of the load out schedule.
- Advise the company representative and base support personnel of any discrepancies.
- Check all equipment has been appropriately configured & serviced for the operation.
- Measure & record all bottom hole assembly (BHA) making note of lengths, OD’s, ID’s, ball seat sizes and any other configuration settings deemed appropriate prior to running equipment into the wellbore.
- Conduct risk assessments in conjunction with TT Ops. Supervisor on rig/platform QHSE requirements. Task based risk assessments will also be conducted to ascertain potential risks and implement controls to mitigate those potential risks.
- Make up BHA’s in accordance with TT Ops. Supervisor and the specification in the program and the direction of the company representative. Safe working practices are required throughout the rig up & rig down processes.
- Once operations are complete, all work job packs related to the job must be completed and signed off by the company representative.
- Jobs must be entered into WPTS with your input to ensure all required inputs to ensure all important and mandatory information is captured.
- Ensure all equipment is accounted for, safely contained and back loaded.
- Attend a post job de-brief meeting with operational supervisor(s) and hand in all work pack documentation. Use this opportunity to report back any feedback regarding safety & equipment, client satisfaction and service delivery for the job.
- company's CAP - Competency Program to be actively pursued by the employee for continual improvement , pertaining to clearly demonstrating assembly and disassembly of TT tools.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Apply company's, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Safety Management Systems.
- Contribute in QHSSE reporting on customer location / job & within assigned location / district .
- Driving Licenses to able to conduct land based jobs requiring travel to and from locations.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good written and spoken English.
- Able to communicate with people at different levels.
- Computer literacy required.
- Ability to use company's computer programs for TT application, provided to assist in calculations for proper job planning and execution.
- Good understanding of basic flow operated tools deployed via coiled tubing and/or jointed pipe.
- Working knowledge of hydraulically operated equipment.
- Petroleum or Mechanical Engineer, Computer Basic Skills : Microsoft Office
- 2 - 4 +years of experience with Thru Tubing or Coiled Tubing or Slick line.
- Previous Oilfield related workshop environment with a strong safety culture.
- Must be a team player with good communication skills, both verbal and written.