Job DescriptionConstruction Division Manager
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum years’ broad experience in different EPC project phase’s i.e. basic engineering and/or detailed engineering, procurement and construction with at least relevant years’ specific involvement in construction of major process facilities.
- Previous exposure to multi-cultural projects, utilising a systematic approach to problem solving and completing complex work tasks through accuracy, timeliness and quality documentation.
- Worldwide experience with contractors and vendors, in particular those involved in the onshore construction of facilities.
- Fluent in written and spoken English at a high technical level.
- Able to write formal correspondence in English.
- Uphold safety performance of all site execution activities and implement a strong safety culture to the Construction Team, Contractor, its Sub-contractors and Vendors by monitoring site activities and by inspiring safety commitment via demonstration of safety leadership by example and ensure compliance to all relevant safety, health and environmental procedures and policies in order to promote a healthy and safe work environment.
- Review, verify and approve the Contractor’s construction sequence, construction engineering, work plans, pre-task planning and method statements to ensure construction activities are completed in accordance with NFE Onshore Project procedures, regulations, specifications and standards.
- Direct the Contractor in planning, scheduling and implementing the construction execution plan, method statements, and other relevant procedures to ensure the work plan and scopes are aligned with project strategies and deliver the safe execution of the project. Identify project deviations and schedule slippages and implement the required solutions
- Facilitate constructability reviews, brownfield activities preparation, marine works planning and construction review meetings and complete all reports, ensuring the areas of concerns and specific technical issues are identified and tackled on time, with relevant mitigations in line with project specifications and requirements.
- Direct the Contractor towards construction completion and provide assistance and direction in the Mechanical Completion, in coordination with NFE Onshore construction support departments as required, and provide support to Commissioning and Start-up activities, working with all involved parties to facilitate these activities.
- Complete construction reporting as required by project management ensuring the content of Contractor’s reports and records are reviewed and approved to ensure compliance with project contractual requirements.
- Provide inputs in construction stages to identify manage and resolve any contractual issues related to construction and/or site interface. Support engineering with construction clarifications for issuance of relevant Change Orders; and lead the team in the analysis and implementation of approved Change Orders to ensure it satisfies Company needs as well as compliance to the Project Management of Change (PMOC) processes.
- Monitor project construction costs by reviewing and approving the performance and progress of Contractor and its subcontractors ensuring adequate control and changes in work procedures are established and the correction of non-conformance report items support QA/QC compliance.