Job DescriptionBioDomain Agronomist/Animal Scientist
Location: Houston, TX
Duration: 1 year Contract
- Candidate will work as part of a larger multi-disciplined team providing in-depth support and knowledge specific to animal waste processing through anerobic digestion.
- Candidate will provide scientific steer, thought leadership, direct evaluations of opportunities and where required visit and work directedly with partners.
- Candidates are expected to have excellent intellectual and analytical ability, the enthusiasm to progress their insights, strong teamwork and leadership skills, as well as the ability to broaden outside of their area of expertise.
- Ph.D in Dairy/Animal Science or related field
- 5+ years practical experience either postdoctoral or with a large research facility or commercial operation.
- Ability to Teach, Educate and Publicly speak to a variety of different audiences.
- Willingness to travel up to 20%.
- Reading and reviewing sample results for manure, slurry, digestate, compost, fats oils and greases, and wastewater testing.
- Understanding of all aspects of animal management, including feeding, bedding, health care, manure, reproduction, egg, dairy and meat production.
- Manure characteristics for several animal and production types with the ability to interpret and explain these characteristics and add animal and production types as necessary.