Job DescriptionLab Technician
Location: Houston, Tx
Duarion: 1 year contract
- Bachelor of Science degree required; B.S. Chemistry preferred.
- High degree of analytical and synthetic ability; attention to detail.
- Mastery of chemical stoichiometry and dimensional analysis.
- Proficient at using sensitive analytical instrumentation including calibration, operation, and routine maintenance. Experience in rheology, particle size distribution, potentiometric titration and zeta potential measurements is a plus.
- Adept at technical troubleshooting; uses logic to solve difficult problems.
- Solid mechanical aptitude.
- Motivated; shows competence and willingness to perform hands-on work
- Strong skills in computer-based data manipulation, particularly MS Excel.
- Train to work with minimal supervision, independently carrying out experiments to support the development of improved catalysts and catalytic ingredients.
- Work productively in a group environment, exhibiting dependability when coordinating with team members.
- Perform laboratory experiments such as synthesizing inorganic materials by precipitation, wet compounding, sol gel, and high-pressure techniques.
- Analyze material properties via pH, viscosity, titration, and other methods.
- Conduct trials such as milling, filtration, and ion exchange on pilot plant equipment.
- Provide technical support for manufacturing trials as needed.
- Offer chemistry input for evaluation of new opportunities.
- Demonstrate meticulous work quality through attention to detail, completeness, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Observe, document, analyze, and communicate results of work to others.
- Adhere to data handling and sample submission procedures (LIMS and Excel-based).
- Display keen time management ability by understanding priorities, anticipating problems, scheduling tasks effectively, and juggling multiple projects.
- Commit to company's Health, Environmental, and Safety policies.