Job DescriptionTopsides & Bridges Hook-Up Superintendent
- Have an Associate's or BS degree in a technical field or extensive natural gas/oil industry experience.
- Have strong working knowledge of construction contracts, contractor inspection procedures and construction work sequences for jackets.
- Relevant years of Professional Experience
- Minimum years’ Experience within project.
- A good knowledge of General Specifications (GS) and International codes/standards (AWS, API).
- Conversant with General Arrangement (GA) engineering and structural drawings including building marking plans, also with isometrics and P&IDs.
- Ability to work in a team oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Capable of proposing project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to influence and encourage personnel.
- Good leadership skills and good communication skills, good English level mandatory.
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment.
- Be skilled in using computer programs for word processing, spreadsheets and e-mail communications.
- To carry out work in compliance with company values and policies, relevant laws and regulations, agreed company priorities and objectives, company standards and procedures and good industry practices.
- Review and monitor the availability of drawings, specifications, job instructions, material deliveries and tools.
- Review and approve all Method Statements from CTR within his field of competence.
Follow and assist Contractor Hook Up preparation:
- Propose design optimisation in order to minimise the offshore works.
- Attend Hook-Up optimisation workshops with CTR and monitor the actions progress
- Planning: follow up. making sure that the tasks are planned consistently and in line with the manpower available during the offshore campaign
- Participates to all Construction / site meetings with Contractor/Subcontractors;
- Ensures that for all disciplines, Contractor have adequate resources (equipment and manpower) mobilized in due time to performed the job;
- Ensures that all required inspections, audits or equipment certification required are performed in time and that all corrective action plan is properly implemented by Contractor.
- Ensure that all fabrication steps and pre-commissioning activities are properly completed for ready for commissioning.
- Ensures that uncompleted activities are properly tracked and recorded under the punch list system.
- Participate as Company Representative in the regular HSE Committee meetings & Safety Tours.
- Maintains good relationships with Contractor, but being strict to achieve the project objectives.
- Prepare and participate to the close-out report.
- Control that supervision team is well performing and that sufficient resources are in place to secure properly the activity.
- Monitor that employees adhere strictly to the latest Approved for Construction (AFC) project drawings, specifications, Procedures and Site Instructions.
- Inform the Topsides Package Hook-up Leader on specific areas where the program deviates from approved construction schedule and propose mitigations.
- Responsible for monitoring construction progress and report to Topsides Package Hook-up Leader.
- Responsible for monitoring contractor’s labor resources in accordance with approved mobilization plan and report to Topsides Package Hook-up Leader.
- Ensure the correct implementation of the Permit to Work system.
- Review contractor’s construction schedules to ensure they include all required activities as realistic timelines, logical sequencing, and adequate resources.
- To verify the completeness and correctness of the as built drawings and manage the final project.