Location: Houston, TX
Employee: Full-Time/ Permanent
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base. Our client, a growing manufacturer, is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer for a permanent position to be based in the Houston, TX area.
The Mechanical Design Engineer reports directly to the General Manager and is a member of the design and engineering team. This person will work with a team of drafters to proactively pursue projects within the company that will improve the productivity of company’s technology through reducing and replacing manual processes with automation.
- Lead projects with the initiative to reduce manual processes and improve automation.
- Responsible for design and support to our production facility.
- Improve production processes through technology and automation.
- Taking lead in design of machine fixtures and tooling used through the company.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering required
- 1-2+ years’ of industry experience with automation required
- Minimum 1 year experience with project management (industry)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience using AutoCAD/ AutoCAM (Autodesk Inventor, Catia, or equivalent)
- Previous experience working in the metal, pipe threading, cutting tool, and machining industry desirable
- Ability to automate, streamline, and continuously improve processes
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly organized
- Microsoft Word and Excel proficient
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a growing and specialized Manufacturer supporting a variety of industries including Oil & Gas, Automotive, Aerospace, Medical, and more. This company is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions using the latest cutting edge technology. With advanced cutting solutions and tooling, this once owned family business is now part of an elite brand recognized across the globe. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits that are 90% paid for by the company, matching 401K, paid time off, and career progression. For further information regarding this role, please contact Mishu Ullah.