Job DescriptionEngineering Specialist – Area Manager.
- Bachelor degree in engineering/project management.
- More than relevant years in Project Engineering and Management, including for large and complex EPC contracts.
- Experience with multi-cultural type projects.
- Experience with LNG Projects.
- Technical background as a discipline engineer and experience as a Project Engineer, Senior Project Engineer with solid execution experience, including commissioning and completion.
Key Result Areas:
- Provides visible safety leadership in offices and at site (as may be needed) through active participation in the Project Onshore Safety Program.
- Responsible to coordinate, expedite and execute timely completion of the tendering phase through evaluation, technical bid recommendation and award.
- Responsible to coordinate, expedite and executive timely completion of the LLIs as COMPANY ITEMS for novation to the selected Contractor.
- Assists the Project Manager(s) in order to ensure timely completion of company Project Management System Gate 3 deliverables required prior to Final Investment decision and coordinates Gate 3 IPR activities.
- Responsible and accountable for the whole EPC scope of its area of responsibility: Process warm section, Process Cold section, Utilities, Off-sites.
Operating Environment, Framework and Boundaries:
- Works in a project environment in which the incumbent strives to achieve best in class Safety, Health, Environmental & Security performances by creating a culture that encourages everyone to perform their best every day on every task.
- Works in a highly visible project environment with large capital exposure for EPC Tenderers, then Contractor working as a significant schedule execution pressures.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Interfaces with various project team members on resolving related issues that requires effective communication, initiative, flexibility and an ability to induce collaboration.
- Exhibits strong team leadership and collaboration skills, integrity, interpersonal understanding, self-confidence, and fairness.
- Effective team player who collaborates well with others including with Tenderers and selected Contractor.
- Undertakes complex tasks and acts as a source of guidance for staff and internal customers. Candidate is expected to handle all but the most complex problems and difficulties that might arise, while reporting to the Project Manager(s).
- Ability to identify problems quickly and determine root cause and develop plan to mitigate or resolve problem.