Job DescriptionSenior Process Engineer
Location: Mount Vernon, Indiana
Duration: 6-9 month contract assignment
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- This position will include process engineering responsibility in one or more of the manufacturing units on site.
- Provide process engineering expertise for various unit operations including but not limited to reaction kinetics/chemistry, fluid flow including powder transfer, heat transfer, distillation, centrifugation and separation, solids handling and mixing, and polymer processing/compounding. Support requires answering technical inquiries, making technical recommendations, providing process troubleshooting, and developing process procedures.
- Carry out various studies to improve plant safety, reliability, capacity and economics.
- Identify gaps between current performance and best-in-class and recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Obtain alignment and lead execution of performance improvements and engineering studies including plant trials to address gaps and meet business objectives
- Provide engineering support for capital project development and construction.
- Lead option identification & down-select, design basis development and front end engineering for minor and major capital projects.
- Act as mentor/resource for facility process and control engineers.
- Flexible to respond to unit and capital project support needs as priorities change with specific business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry.
- A minimum of 8 years of process engineering experience in the chemical industry.
- At least 5 years’ experience in an operating chemical company with PSM background
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with Operators, Mechanics, Supervisors, R&D and Management to complete projects and tasks on time and on budget to meet the business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare budgets for multiple scopes of work.
- Proven ability to proactively champion technical issues and see them through to completion.
- Strong ability to work well with cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to lead teams and projects often in high profile situations.
- Proven ability to plan and organize projects from inception to start up.
Experience in multiple of the following areas:
- Reaction kinetics/chemistry
- Fluid flow including powder transfer
- Heat transfer
- Centrifugation and separation
- Solids handling and mixing
- Polymer processing/compounding.