Job DescriptionAssists the CAPEX Project Engineering Team with the following types of Requests and Activities:
DETERMINES WHICH SUPPLIERS ARE QUALIFIED THE PROJECT WORK:
- Assists the client Project Managers in finding suppliers with active the client contracts, who are capable and available to work on their projects.
- Ensures that an active and fit for purpose contract is in place in Ariba with the suppliers being considered for the project work.
- Checks the suppliers’ HSSE status in ISNet and advises HSSE focal and Contract Holders if the suppliers are not green.
- Ensures that the suppliers being considered for the project work are set up in SAP and are able to receive POs (not blocked in the system).
- Creates Procurement Quilts/CP Sourcing Strategy for larger projects
- When tendering, creates and sends RFI/RFP packages to suppliers, and compiles bid tabs with the results for the Project Managers to review.
- Assists in Single Source Negotiations to achieve the best pricing possible.
- Ensures that all required governance approvals are received and documented before award.
- Creates new contracts with suppliers, when needed
- Works with Legal when a supplier challenges the client’s terms and conditions.
- Advises the Contract Management Team once the new contract has been issued via Ariba, and creates a Contract Summary.
- Reviews all POs linked to the contract and advises CP Lead when they are ready to be released.
- Works with Contract Holders to get updated HSSE plans from suppliers who have a high HSSE risk before work begins.
- Inquires about long lead time materials, when requested by the Project Managers.
- Updates the supplier’s data in SAP when needed including: banking info, changes of address, etc.
- Supports Contract Holders in coordinating Business Performance Reviews when required or needed.
- Provides post award CP guidance regarding disputes with suppliers, issues with performance/delivery, need for early termination, etc.
- Advises Contract Management Team when the contract is close to expiration.
Needs the following credentials:
- 4-year degree in business or related field
- 10-15 years of CP Experience in Oil and Gas industry
- Experience with SAP and Ariba
- Candidate needs to be a fast learner, as there is a steep learning curve
- Good communicator (both verbally and written)
- Good people skills, as there is a lot of interaction with various Project Managers