Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking a Civil/ Structural Engineer for a contract role in Calgary, AB.The individual must be local or have their own accommodations, as no LOA is given. The shift is Monday-Friday.
- Have experience with relevant structural design applications such as RISA, Staad.Pro, S-FRAME/S-STEEL, SAP and the ability to use 3D model navigation
- Proven success in developing engineering solutions in structural repair jobs.
- Experienced in the development and maintenance of civil structural standards and specifications.
- Excellent understanding of math and physics along with good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Working knowledge of applicable government codes, regulations & industry standards.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills, and good written communication skills
- Accepts ownership, is accountable and delivers on commitments
- Able to establish and manage priorities
- Must have strong leadership & team skills to build consensus across organizational lines
- Capable and experienced in managing and performing workload in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent overall Windows based computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite of applications.
- Recognized Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- 15 - 20 years’ experience with focus on civil structural engineering in the oil and gas industry
- 10+ years’ operation / project experience. (SAGD experience an asset)
- Registered with APEGA and/or eligible to be registered with EGBC.
- Geotechnical engineering experience will be an asset.
- Background in mechanical engineering related concepts and/or experience will be an asset.
- Ability to work within a diverse cultural environment
- Working knowledge of government codes & regulations (federal & provincial, municipal regulations in areas where we operate is an asset) and industry standards.