Job DescriptionNES Global Talent has partnered with international clients in energy and oil and gas to source the top talent available in the Australian and International market. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and our relationships with industry leaders. This ensures the best possible fit for long-term success.
Currently Queensland’s Energy industry is in an exciting growth phase as such we are now seeking an experienced HSE Field Advisor – Special Projects to fulfil a 24 month contract position based in Queensland.
As a key member of the Owner’s team the primary responsibility of the HSE Field Advisor – Special Projects is to provide on-site Health, Safety & Environment (HSSE&SP) advice/support for Upstream Projects in relation to the systematic management of hazards and effects and associated systems that can negatively impact on the business HSSE Performance. This is a site based role and single point of contact for Special Projects Management Team.
Responsibilities will include though are not limited to:
- Providing active support on HSSE aspects for the work activities on site covering in particular special projects which fall outside the remit of the core Projects HSSE Team
• Provide HSSE&SP subject matter and regulatory advice to the projects management team
• Observe and advise on "routine" work planning (PtW), risk assessments etc. for compliance with standards and procedures, particularly those associated with the P&G and WHS regulatory bodies
• Share safe/unsafe observations from the work activities with staff during HSSE&SP and toolbox meetings
• Focal point for facility HSSE&SP inspections / audits / assurance reviews
• Provide HSSE&SP coaching and training to staff, particularly around the lifesaving rules
• Promote and develop a work culture and behaviour where HSSE&SP is clearly in the Hearts and Minds of all staff, contractors and visitors
• Ensure safety alerts, hazard packs are properly communicated to frontline staff, and lessons learnt are implemented where relevant
• Assist facility management team with the understanding and implementation of HSSE&SP improvement plans and new procedures/standards
• Assist Project team with the management of incidents and action tracking management
• Provide support in the use of the hazard management and behavioural based safety processes
• Provide general support and training in the area of Health, including Fatigue Management, Heat Stress, Health Risk Assessment (development and implementation), etc
• Support the implementation of the Assist and Assure program across the special projects
Experience will include:
- An HSSE&SP/Technical/Operational qualification with 8-10 years’ experience as HSSE&SP professional / practitioner
- Highly engaging and capable of motivating teams to strive for and achieve Goal Zero
- Experienced in the onboarding of contractors to meet regulatory and Company requirements
- Possess an understanding of major project construction preferably in the oil & gas industry
- High level of HSSE&SP knowledge which can be effectively applied to the work with the experience in effectively engaging and influencing a wide range of field based staff, contractor/vendor staff
- Knowledge of Australian regulatory requirements (local procedures and permits, particularly those associated with P&G and WHS)
Along with this your professionalism and leadership qualities will enable effective communication with the team ensuring cohesion and commitment to organizational processes and safe work practices.
The incumbent will be will be based onsite working 15 days on 13 days off rotation based from Brisbane. In return for your commitment you will be offered excellent day rate commencing for 24 contract term along with the opportunity to establish yourself with an international expert.
Should your skills and ability fulfil the above please ‘Apply Now’.