Job DescriptionOur client , a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant for a 1 year contract in Calgary, AB.
Our client is currently seeking a highly professional Sr Administrative Assistant who demonstrates strong business judgment in all aspects of communication, has superior organizational skills and enjoys working in a busy environment with changing priorities. This position will provide direct professional administrative support at the VP level. This high-paced position will assist with a variety of duties related to planning, developing and coordinating activities.
- Liaising with all levels of management including the C-Suite to proactively deal with changing priorities and inquiries.
- Managing the VP’s e-mail and calendar as well as receiving and screening telephone calls, mail and visitors.
- Scheduling and coordinating regular meetings with the C-Suite.
- Liaising with directors, managers and departmental staff to request, gather and summarize information.
- Arranging and coordinating supplier visits.
- Supporting Office Safety program.
- Developing presentation materials to assist in effective reporting for the senior management and executive management teams.
- Maintaining accurate tracking and recording of document approvals.
- Independently handling general office administration tasks such as coordinating travel arrangements, completing and managing service requests, time entries, maintaining SharePoint data and filing.
- Organizing meetings and townhalls (internal and offsite) including: setting up Lync and video conferencing equipment; coordinating weekly staff meetings; setting up and facilitating bi-weekly leadership meetings; preparing agenda and logging action items.
- Preparing general correspondence, reports and completing specific research.
- Attending administrative round-tables
- Developing and maintaining up-to-date administrative handbook.
- Senior progressive administrative/secretarial experience preferably in the petroleum industry.
Education & Professional Designations
- High school diploma, secretarial diploma, or equivalent training and business experience.
- Office job which includes sitting, computer work, and standing.
- Safety Sensitive: No
- Strong organization skills with the ability to set priorities, follow-up and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with external contacts and employees at all levels of the company including senior executives.
- Excellent proof reading and business writing skills.
- Displaying tact and good judgment in resolving problems and answering inquiries.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, varied and diverse environment with changing priorities.
- A high degree of initiative and self-motivation.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Concur and HDMS is required; SAP would be an asset.
- Work collaboratively with the administrative group within Procurement and across SE&P.
- Technical Professional Skills
- Drives for Results
- Forward Thinking
- Change Agility
- Develops Potential
- Communicates Effectively
- Works Collaboratively