Job DescriptionOur client is currently recruiting for Subsea Controls Systems Technicians for an initial 12 month contract with possibility of extension. This will be for a mixture of onshore and offshore work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take a role in ensuring that the high standards demanded by the company of their staff are maintained at offshore/onshore locations.
- Take a role in diagnosing faults (electrical/hydraulic) associated with subsea control systems using a combination of methodical data analysis from the office base coupled with testing / data-collection in the field.
- Take a role in commissioning and installing all topside subsea control systems (Hydraulic/Electrical) for new and upgraded offshore/onshore client facilities.
- Take a role in site integration testing of equipment (Hydraulic/Electrical) at the workshop, third party or clients facility.
- Pro-actively perform system maintenance routines on all offshore systems and feedback any findings to the Controls Discipline Lead.
- Liaison with and provide technical support for client representatives.
- Ensure that all documentation, paperwork is completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Assist with Customer Managers and Discipline leads in planning all offshore/onshore scopes
- Assist with the mobilisation of all equipment for offshore/onshore jobs
- Review and comment all updated operating procedures for equipment offshore
- General office and workshop duties as required by the department while based at the
- Technical Tertiary Qualification - Electrical/electronic or instrumentation discipline
- Practical knowledge of hydraulic systems.
- Prepared to be away from home for lengthy periods and to leave at short notice
- A high level of computer literacy is essential.